Thursday, December 13, 2012

One Month



Technically Aniston is 6 weeks old but I did have good intentions of updating this at one month. It seems as though every time I make a plan - little miss changes it. I guess I better start getting use to that! 

On one hand, I feel like I blinked and the six weeks was over and other the other hand, it feels like six months. It has been an amazing and exhausting six weeks to say the least. 


I wouldn't trade one second of it...ok, that's not true...maybe a few seconds! Ha - kidding (sorta) :) No matter how many babies I have babysat or been around, nothing can prepare you for having your own. There is nothing quite like it. I mean, just look at her...

She smiled for the first time last weekend and it was like time just stopped. Absolutely priceless. My hubby's reaction when she smiled was almost just as priceless! 

So I will try to give you a small glimpse into our world with Baby A...

In the book, The Baby Whisperer, there are five different kinds of babies. You take a little quiz to determine what kind of baby you have. You could pretty much just read the descriptions and figure out what temperament matches your baby. The five different kinds of babies are:
The Angel Baby
The Textbook Baby
The Spirited Baby
The Touchy Baby
The Grumpy Baby

Any guesses on what kind of baby Aniston is?! Oh yeah, she is the Spirited Baby. Here is the description...

Spirited Baby: Born knowing what she likes and doesn't like and makes it well-known. Vocal and aggressive. Screams when she wakes. Doesn't like dirty diapers. Body language is jerky. Needs swaddling. If she starts to cry without interruption, it leads to more crying until she is in a rage. Grabs toys from other babies when she gets the chance and has the ability. 

Yep, that pretty much sums her up. She knows how to go from zero to 60 in seconds! And the whole "grabs toys from other babies"...I am already feeling bad for her sweet-angel baby cousin, Miles. :-/ I guess it might be payback from Miles' Dad (my brother) always taking my toys :) So all of that on top of her having thrush and having the world's most sensitive stomach, she has definitely kept us on our toes!!



Aniston and Miles

Now with all of that said...who wants to babysit?!? :) Don't all call at once, please...


But seriously...one more look at her...


I think I will keep her. Although she has her moments, she is MY sweet, spirited, high-maintenance, loud, beautiful baby girl whom I love with my whole heart! 


Happy One Month Aniston Reilly!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment